As stated in the post about Degrassi going on hiatus, MTV confirmed Firestarter Pt. 2 as the midseason finale on January 13th. Degrassi will return sometime in April.
Of course Degrassi started off season 14 with a flash forward to Firestarter, where Miles searches for a missing Frankie.
Firestarter Pt. 1 (1411 – Airs Tuesday, January 6): Degrassi’s fundraising scandal threatens to ruin Frankie’s relationship with her father. Zig and Tiny compete to get a cheerleader’s number. Clare contemplates her future and is confident that she can really have it all.
Firestarter Pt. 2 (1412 – Airs Tuesday, January 13th): Mr. Hollingsworth’s campaign is in its final stretch, and the stress has him even more tense than usual. Miles appeals to his family about his father’s behavior, but it seems like he’s the only one who realizes there needs to be a change. In the meantime, Zoë has used Frankie as a scapegoat for the Power Cheer debacle, but Frankie isn’t giving up. Along with Winston, she creates an elaborate plan to prove that Zoë is the one behind the scheme. Imogen reveals to Eli the truth about Clare’s situation.
So I guess I maybe right, this is about Clare still wanting to go to Columbia while pregnant with Drew’s baby. This will disappoint him unless Drew agrees to live in NY with her?… Who knows.
So we still have no idea who is blackmailing Zoe? To me it seems Frankie, Hunter and Winston don’t know… Is it Arlene?? I wonder if the Fire is an arson from the blackmailer or someone else or could it be construction error.
Also it seems the Hollingsworth Clan is brainwashed by dad or there scared of Papa themselves except for MIles Jr
I still believe it’s Eli’s baby. I think Clare goes to the doctor, the doctor says you’re further along in the pregnancy than you think (a little soon for the baby to be kicking in next week’s episode if Drew is the father), and Clare thinks wait, I can go to Columbia and be with Eli. When Eli finds out in part 2 (not sure why Imogen knows, maybe from Becky after Clare tells Drew he’s not the father?) — I think he’s still deeply hurt by Clare’s betrayal and not sure they can make it works. Remember, Clare assumed it was Drew’s baby without an ultrasound, and had spotting during the pregnancy, which she could have mistook for a period for a while.
What I don’t understand is how Zoe can frame Frankie. Obviously many girls were in on the scheme, so regardless of who came up with the idea, shouldn’t everyone be suspended at the least? And the cheer team disbanded? And how does the fire come into play — obviously during cheer finals. I think Arlene is potentially behind the blackmailing, perhaps targeting Zoe because she kicked Frankie off the squad after Frankie was nice to her?
As for Miles, I hope there’s some resolution to this storyline before the break. I hope he follow’s Maya’s advice and talks to someone who can intervene with the family. My hope is his father loses the election, and the Hollingsworths decide to get serious family therapy. Or Miles pulls a Sean or Peter and gets his own place, but something tells me he might even be worse off trying to take care of himself. I think Triles should be over until Miles works through his family issues. In the meantime, I want to see a strong Tristan with self-respect and confidence emerge, and I want to see him and Maya make-up. Also, Maya needs to mention Cam. Seriously Degrassi Writers, allusions are not enough — for Maya to heal, she’s going to need to talk to her friends about how Cam’s suicide affected her. It feels like the elephant in the room otherwise.
Wach everyone will be wrong about this paternity theories happening right now. For all we know Imogen can be telling Eli about Clare and her attraction to Drew while Clare was still dating Eli. Or Clare lies or wnats to lie about the paternity and somehow Miss Imogen overhears the convo. Another thing Maybe Clare realizes shes in love with Drew and doesn’t wnat anyone to know or she purposely tries to break up Drecky.. TBH If Alli blurts about Eli being the dad to Dallas this can ruin Alli’s relationship with Clare. So many things can happen so many theories. Why would they do this now and 3 C plots with Clare and 2 of the plots are indirect with Alli & Imogen. And Why isn’t Drew mentioned?
Did I miss something in Degrassi as to why people think it’s possible for the baby to be Eli’s? Because I haven’t seen a single clue that the baby might not be Drew’s. Where did these paternity theories come from?
Wishful thinking from Eclare fangirls mostly.
Look, I think it’s highly possible that Drew is indeed the father, but I do think that writers have been pretty obvious with dropping hints to cast some doubt (whether just plain misdirection or leading up to the reveal).
– The music video promo has Clare pregnant with both Drew and Eli. Clare has yet to doubt the paternity. Maybe this hinted more at the possibility that Eli and Clare would get back together despite the pregnancy… But I don’t buy that.
– When Clare goes to the doctor, Clare just assumes Drew is the father since she assumes she hasn’t been pregnant for that long. The doctor says well then if you’re only 4/5 weeks along it’s too early for an ultrasound (not totally true, but if she did have an ultrasound it would be instantly revealed she’s further along). Why include that line if it didn’t have a deeper significance? Why hasn’t Clare had another check-up yet?
– Clare has spotting that she thinks could be a possible miscarriage. Clare could have had spotting for a while which she mistook as a period each month. Very common for pregnant teens. Especially recovering from chemo, Clare may have not thought twice about lighter or irregular periods.
– Pregancy timeline: Clare experiences morning sickness at 5 weeks, yet morning sickness usually starts at 6. She feels the baby kick this upcoming episode — somewhere in the 10-14 week range, when usually you don’t feel kicking till 16 weeks. The big clue will be if she starts showing soon — you start showing at 5/6 months, so any sign of a bump makes me think she’s further along than the current timeline suggests.
– Drew insists he used the condom correctly and that it wasn’t expired. I mean seriously, don’t you think Drew would notice if the condom broke, or he put it on wrong? The condom failure rate is due to user error, not just magical sperm. I feel like right after the chemo, in a monogamous relationship, Eli and Clare may have been a little less careful with protection.
– Audra questions the paternity, and we know Mama Torres isn’t usually wrong :)
– Clare made up with Eli over Thanksgiving before sleeping with Drew. And remember Eli initially thinks the baby is his, so it can’t be inconceivable that he got her pregnant.
– In the Eli dorm life webisode when they’re playing never have I ever, Eli says never have I ever been pregnant or gotten anyone pregnant. Now obviously this could be a true statement and more an allusion to Drew being the father, but also could be interpreted as a clue that Eli doesn’t know he got Clare pregnant yet.
Also, when the NYC doctor calls to give Clare her test results, the doctor just assumes Clare already knows she’s pregnant. Any responsible doctor would ask the patient are you aware that you’re pregnant, unless Clare was further along so the doctor assumed she already knew.
Additionally, after Clare and Drew go bungee jumping, Eli randomly shows up. He decides to come home after all. This has got to be like only 3 weeks or so before Drew and Clare sleep together. Eli coming home doesn’t serve a real plot purpose, so maybe it’s a clue that he could be the father?
I’m no delusional Eclare shipper, but something tells me Clare May question the paternity in these two last episodes. It might still be Drew’s baby, but too many coincidences for these clues not to be intentional.
Clare is feeling the baby kicking….if she’s only a month or two along….(aka if it’s Drew’s) it shouldn’t be kicking so soon…..if it’s Eli’s ( four or five months) then it could be kicking.
How much time has elapsed ?
Assuming Clare was already 1-2 months pregnant on the first episode …
Then spring break happen and the flash forward to 10 weeks … Making Clare already 4-5 months …
So the episode where the baby kicks would be 3-4 months … And babies can start to kick at 4 months … So it can still be Drew’s..
In the episode Something’s got to give, at the last few minutes of the episode clare and drew go to the doctors to check on the baby. When the doctor is finally done with the ultra sound drew leaves clare to put on her clothes. Clare comments how you can find the babys gender at 12 weeks. the doctor replies you can’t find the gender at 12 weeks your baby is at 16 weeks. Therefore, at few seconds of the episode clare is stunned about what she heard.
But there is still a possibility that its Drews baby and when Imogen tells Eli’s clare’s situation it could be false
i don’t think the writers would switch so much, drew’s ei’s and then back to drew’s? I dont think so. And they probably kept in mind that a lot were eclare shippers. Eli and Clare can make up in one episode when theyve had drama before! (example the time of my life)