To Download, CLICK HERE (right click, “save target as”)

Degrassi Extra: Recap of Episode 1106 (Cry Me A River Pt 1)

What we learned from this episode:
*Degrassi fans inspire ideas for them to use on the show after all
*I now live in Kenya
*Adam probably should’ve invested in an flesh-colored stand-to-pee device
*Adam technically peed on Dave…FTW
*Dave shows us how NOT to behave on the radio
*Fiona showed us that it is possible to have a picnic without a picnic basket
*Clare doesn’t know how to follow directions

1. hey kary, i was always wondering something: who is the girl who says ” for more something something something…follow degrassiblog.com” at the end of some of your videos? i was just windering if there’s someone who manages the site with you.

oh, and thanks for posting this stuff, where i live in the summer, i can’t watch degrassi on tv. and watching online from teennick.com is buffering crap. so thanks again :)

1. Nah I’m the only one who manages the site. That voice at the end of the videos is my best friend, I had her record a ton of lines that I could use in audio/video stuff because I wanted a voice other than my own for that stuff.

2. Clare can’t follow directions is an understatment…
    excuse me while i have a mini fangirl rant ….IF SHE WAS STILL WITH ELI HE WOULD’VE EDITED HER PAPER!!!!… mini rant over

and is it just me or are the Degrassi writers making sure every other season Dave has a plot line with pee… i mean in season 9 Dave had that thing with Bruce with the pee on the locker thing and then was pelted with a pee filled water balloon…

1. Serafina Pekkala July 26, 2011 at 10:22 pm

WHY THE HELL WOULD SHE WANT TO STAY WITH ELI, YOU SILLY GIT?? YOUR LACK OF LOGIC IS FORCING ME TO USE ALL CAPS!!

He crashed his car. And could’ve died. Over a girl. Because he didn’t want to break up with her. Obsessive and creepy is an understatement. Also unstable. How the hell is that a healthy relationship, let alone attractive?

3. Now I get why Dave was running around with the fireworks( I forgot what they were called). Everything is starting to make sense now.

1. sparklers

4. Mandy Wallace July 26, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Man that episode was pretty crazy, like the whole radio show debacle and Dave’s line at the end that was a low blow. Check out some of the recap stuff I found its pretty solid. http://blog.muchmusic.com/degrassi-ep-6-stand-up-for-your-rights/

5. Dave did good for standing up for what he believed in. When they went on air he didn’t mention any names. Adam wasn’t put on the spotlight. She could have came back with something. But she didn’t she just left. And it’s weird that she used the mens room and has that tool. Dave had every right to be freaked out by that. I know I would.

1. Adam is a guy. And it doesn’t matter if Dave didn’t name names, what he said was offensive to the LGBT community. Sure Dave can say whatever he wants and stand up for whatever he believes in (just like anyone), but when you say or do something you’d better be prepared to deal with the repercussions of your actions. I’m not saying Dave was in the wrong for feeling the way he did, but jumping on the radio to blast Adam was a classless move on his part.

1. Well I would have to disagree. Dave was just making a public statement.

2. He used offensive language. THAT is wrong, there is no getting around this.

3. Well I will give you that. He prob shouldn’t have said that word on air. But what is more of the audience getting upset about? The fact that Dave doesn’t like Adam for being transgendered (which I feel he has a right to feel weird and uncomfortable about it) or because of what he said?

2. What did he say that was so offensive?

1. Serafina Pekkala July 26, 2011 at 10:16 pm

“Tranny”?? It’s like saying “fag” or “n*gger.” Not nice words. :(

3. Serafina Pekkala July 26, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Stop saying “she”, you silly goose.

1. Well SHE is a Girl…. just saying

2. No HE isn’t. Geez, didn’t I already explain this in the last post?

3. Serafina Pekkala July 28, 2011 at 2:52 am

Well HE is a BOY… just saying.

See how well that argument works? :) And what the hell does “just saying” mean anyway (in general, not just about you)? Just saying as opposed to what? Is it supposed to mean that the comment can’t be argued with because the commenter is just saying? That doesn’t make sense.

Where was I? Oh yeah. Because of the fact that you’re so totally, utterly wrong and have no ability to use evidence or arguments (you can’t explain why you think gender and sex are the same, why you think certain pronouns should be used, etc.) I don’t think I really needed to say that much to beat your argument. So, my new argument in response to your comment: “Nope. You’re wrong.”

That is all.

4. Well my argument is that you’re wrong. Being transgendered is the biggest joke there is. Okay? It’s all in persons head. Seriously. And I have no evidence? Then what’s saying that you’re born with a specific gender genitalia… not enough evidence right there? What’s your evidence then? Because you have not said anything that backs yourself up either.

5. And as for just saying. What doesn’t make sense to you? I like blue… just saying. I like facebook… just saying. I think Adam is weird… just saying. What doesn’t make sense?

6. And now that I look at saying that “it’s the biggest joke” is really rude. I shouldn’t have said that. I just don’t understand how someone can feel like they’re someone else. It’s almost like trying to be someone you’re not. I understand what Dave said on the air was rude. I guess I just don’t understand the concept of being transgendered and I never will because I truely believe that it doesn’t exist. But that is just my opinion.

7. It’s okay not to get what it’s like to be transgender. Obviously you’re not, so it makes sense you’d have trouble understanding it and I get that. But just like people of different race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, etc., they deserve your respect. The brain is a complicated thing and sometimes things go wrong. My cousin has Asperber’s syndrome, so I know a thing or two about how people who are different are treated. You don’t have to believe it, but next time you post something here try and think about how it might affect others.

8. http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan.html

Also, this is a link to an article about how people who are transgendered have differences in their brains compared to people who aren’t. Basically, it’s proof that transgenderism is real.

6. And I don’t think Dave overreacted on the radio. Like I said he didn’t mention any names. He didn’t specify who exactly he was talking about.

1. Wasn’t it kind of obvious? He’s the only transgender kid in the school and the stuff Dave said was out of line. I get why he was upset and freaked out by what Adam did, but that gave him no right to announce it on the radio. Anyone who knew Adam was trans would’ve known who he was talking about.

2. I agree with Meg78
      Adam is the only transgender in the entire school… Dave could’ve been talking about anyone but we all knew he was referring to Adam. Yes Dave has a right to feel uncomfortable about what happened in the bathroom BUT Dave didn’t have to say anything about what happened on the air

3. Serafina Pekkala July 26, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Yes, Dave could have been talking about the OTHER trans kid at Degrassi… smh

7. i loved this episode it felt like one of the old degrassis when you get shocked. I mean that scene of adam dropping that pee spout thingy was soooo unexpected! and i like adam now for some reason. lol and i like katie and imogen and the black girl im sooo excited cause i feel like i used too about degrassi haha

1. Serafina Pekkala July 26, 2011 at 10:12 pm

The black girl is Marisol. XD

8. Adam and Dave are 2of my favorite characters. Its funny that I like them considering how different they are. So if this episode had sucked like the entire season 8 I still would have liked it. So Kary is doing an awesome job @ looking @ the whole episode & nt just giving his favorite characters a good review.

9. I just wanna know where all these petitions and hate were when Bianca and Owen threw Adam threw a glass window…

1. i agree… but that was only really known from the people standing around that door… almost everyone in the school heard what Dave said

10. Serafina Pekkala July 26, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Adam peeing on Dave was a karmic aftershock from the peeing-on-Bruce-the-Moose’s locker incident. For reals.

11. I cannot stand Katie. She doesn’t seem to have any kind of story line other than being the overachieving rude bitch that no one else likes. We’ve seen this overused story line before and it’s just stale. No one is like this in real life, otherwise no one would want to be friends with them. At least Holly J and Paige were likeable and weren’t always rude. Katie may be the editor of the school newspaper, but that hardly gives her license to act like a bitch towards someone for no reason. Clare did absolutely nothing wrong other than write an article that was too long. If Katie didn’t like it, all she had to do was not let Clare on the paper and call it a day, not ignore her or make bitchy comments. If I were Clare, I would have just said FU to Katie and moved on. There’s no sense in letting someone bully you just for their own pleasure.

1. Since we’ve only seen her in one episode, I would give Katie a chance. Right now I don’t like her either but knowing Degrassi there’s probably more to her story than they’re letting on.

2. IMO, Paige was never likable. You can sympathize with her, sure, but I never liked her. Even in her final appearance in Degrassi Goes Hollywood, Paige was still rude (let’s not forget how she treated Mraco like shit). And when Holly J first started off in Degrassi, she was a frigid bitch for absolutely no reason. She didn’t even become likable for two seasons until S9. And you don’t think Clare did anything wrong? Like act like she was entitled to a position on the staff even though she gave Katie no reason to believe she was cut out for it? Or try to tell Katie how to do her job? Or make it seem like she was using newspaper to get over Eli, not because she really wants to? I love Clare and she’s my favorite female character right now, but I don’t blame Katie for the way she treated Clare.