I saw this image earlier today, which comes from an article about how Degrassi rented that lime-green van from someone to use for shooting for a couple of weeks.

The girl on the right in the picture above is Canadian actress  Meghan Heffern.  She is NOT going to be a series regular on the show, however she stated on her facebook page that she “will be joining the Degrassi Cast for a multiple episode arch. She’s going to be shaking things up, and causing trouble for Clare.”

Now THIS gives me hope about Clare’s character becoming somewhat interesting again, mainly because it possibly opens up an avenue of Clare getting into crap other than her just whining about boys.

1. Super excited!

2. Oh, please, we all know that girl is either going to be Clare’s lesbian lover or becoming the fifth point in a love pentagon. Cue the whining.

(PS. I still love you, Clare. Work through this rough patch, gurl!)

3. THE DEGRASSI GODS HAVE FINALLY HEARD OUR PRAYER :D
    thank you, however you are two looooong seasons too late >.<

4. Clare used to be my favorite character. I’m really hopeful she’ll get a bit fat reality check and stop worrying/whining about boys and get back to her joyful slightly nerdy self.

5. Wow, Aislinn’s hair is growing back.

6. Doubtful she’s prolly jakes ex. Still gunna cross my fingers that I’m wrong tho

7. Reminds me of the infamous van from The Ravine. Maybe Clare will lose her innocence like Emma did?

8. Clare joins a religious cult? LOL…. I bet its about Clare losing her faith in God, her family values and losing who she is. So maybe this woman tries to help her with that.. BTW this woman is 28 in real life so I don’t think she is Jakes Ex girlfriend.

1. Oh I forgot this older woman could be a writer, homeless or a nutjob who know?

1. It dnt matter how old she is. She shut as hell doesn’t LOOK 28 so if buy her as a teen. Maybe a couple years older than cake

9. Finally a story involving Clare Edwards WITHOUT a boy…though maybe I shouldn’t get my hopes up considering Clare has disappointed us a lot recently (cough Season 11 cough)

I do wonder what it could be about though.

10. maybe is clares dad new younger girlfriend.idk

11. Since the Degrassi writers have all but given up they’ll likely just use Palex’s storyline with pen marks crossing up Alex and Paige’s names.

12. My speculation is probably Clare tries to take her literary works to the next level by getting published in like a real newspaper or a book and then she encounters this chick who tells her, her work is crap. Similarly to what happened with Katie & Clare earlier but on a bigger scale.

1. That would be cool if she was an underwriter or journalist because that could cause big trouble for Clare. The pen is mightier than the sword.

13. I wonder if this woman tries to get Clare into a protest?? They have not done that in a long while.

14. In all honesty I’m tired of how much Degrassi shifted from a show about a bunch of kids to Clare being in the spotlight all the damn time. I want more Owen and Bianca and maybe even FItz, though I’m not holding my breath about him ever coming back.

15. I hope she runs Clare over with that van.

1. I just spat out my drink from laughing at that.

16. Clare is going to do drugs…hippie van….big smiley face….yeah my scenario, Clare will be reading her bible, looking for answers then this girl at school starts feeding her doubts about religion. She lures Clare to the dark side, where they smoke weed (hopefully a more believable performance than in “Nowhere to Run”), and use the bible as rolling paper.

1. I was groaning at this (considering the dubious history of Degrassi and weed) until I read the last part about using the Bible as rolling paper. I now wholeheartedly support this. Make this happen, Degrassi writers! If you’re gonna run Clare into the ground, let’s at least enjoy it while we can.

1. Haha ^^^ degrassi writers take note!

17. Definetly the scobby van!!!