Stephen Stohn keeps saying that this Friday (the 21st) is when we’ll find out exactly when TeenNick will air Nowhere To Run (though the TeenNick airdate is irrelevant for those of us who have no intention of waiting, and will rely on the Much broadcast and download).

But the timeframe may have been narrowed a bit by Kyle from CableTVTalk, who’s reporting that when it comes to TeenNick’s broadcast schedule, there’s quote “still no sign of Nowhere to Run, however there’s an all day marathon of Degrassi on 11/6 and 11/7,” which are the first Sunday and Monday in November.  So maybe the special will run on Friday the 11th? Also, I’m not sure what “all-day marathon” means in the case of 11/7, because TeenNick is supposed to be airing an encore of the Halo Awards that evening.

It’s really hard to believe this episode is airing on MuchMusic on Monday, basically because we’ve heard nothing about it. I’d love to say I’m stoked about it, but I’m not…the lack of promotion of it makes me feel like they think it’s the plague or something.  And honestly, I don’t know why they don’t just go ahead and wait to air this in 2012 so we can have a 1-hour premiere, 12 weeks of 30-minute episodes and then a 1 HOUR FINALE (I’M TYPING THAT IN ALL CAPS AND BOLD BECAUSE I DON’T THINK THE BROADCASTERS REALIZE HOW MUCH BETTER IT WOULD BE TO AIR THE FINALE AS A ONE-HOUR EPISODE).

1. First comment!

Yeah, I read this, felt like commenting, but had nothing to say… And if this isn’t the first comment I’m going to look really stupid.

2. Teennick never knows what they want. Regardless they should LISTEN TO KARY! MAKE THE FINALE AND THE PREMIERE A HOUR LONG ALWAYS! The finale always loses steam because it takes place on two different days. If it were just a hour long, things would work out better. Frankly whenever they do a fall/spring season they should just revert to the half hour storytelling because the half hour everyweek don’t inspire me at all to watch next week. They did great with 30 min all these years with the occasional 1 hour and if they did it again it could work out well, at least better than the system they use now.

3. Wait, what finale?

4. Nowhere to Run is not a finale?

1. Kary was saying that they should air Nowhere to Run in 2012, followed by several weeks of 30 minute episodes. He suggested a 1-hour episode as the season finale. Lol.

5. I can’t logically think of a reason why TN wouldn’t air this the same night as MUCH.

I’m very business savvy and it makes absolutely no sense why they would keep this on the shelves for more than 1 day after it was already broadcast in Canada. I could even understand if they waited until that Friday, since that is when Degrassi usually airs during the Fall/Winter, but to hold out more than a week is ridiculous.

Degrassi is the only show that keeps this network afloat. They could easily add more shows to their lineup, but they just keep churning out the stale repeats of shows that have long since past their prime. The fact they don’t invest more in the show absolutely boggles me.

6. LET’S WIGGLE, JIGGLE AND SHAKE OUR HIPS :D

7. Yes, yes, YES to an hour-long S11 finale. I’d endure like a week or two hiatus and tons of promotion if it meant we’d have a cohesive finale for once. I don’t even remember the last time Degrassi had a good season finale.

1. Spring Fever was technically the Season 10 finale. and that was prretty good. but i guess that dosent count since they made it a premiere.

8. I have to tell ya, Spring Fever would have done great as a finale… The ending would have made for one hell of a cliffhanger! Plus, they could split it in half and it still would have done well, due to Part 1’s ending.