No new Degrassi makes everyone sad.

People keep asking about why there’s no info for “Why Can’t This Be Love,” and sadly I have none.  That’s because there’s no new episode airing tomorrow (12/6/09)….there’s no new Degrassi on CTV or TeenNick until 2010.

“…But MSNtv said—“

…Well MSNtv lied to us. Sorry. :-(

I have no earthly idea when it’ll be returning to either network.  I don’t really care about TeenNick because we all know how they are, but maybe CTV will be back in January if we’re lucky? If not, don’t expect it until Spring since I’m assuming CTV will be all about the Winter Olympics coverage in February.

Either way, I have a feeling this is going to be a long, Degrassi-less winter.

UPDATE 12/19/09: CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.

1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

2. we all know how teennick is? We don’t want 2 new every week! The candian season goes by way too fast. I’d 10 times rather have it the teennick way

1. Well no one’s forcing ya to watch it the Canadian way! :-p The TeenNick way sucks, and it always has. I’m still pissed at them for thinking 4 episodes qualifies as a “season,” only to take a break for 4 months right after.

I’m not a huge fan of CTV blowing through the season as fast as they have either…if they’d stuck to one episode a week it’d be the PERFECT schedule, and would still beat TeenNick because they wouldn’t take unnecessarily long breaks.
      But The-N/TeenNick has always gotten on my nerves. They wouldn’t have to stretch it out so long if they had any other quality, primetime shows to supplement Degrassi.

1. teen nick isnt even a cable station… most people dont get it. its mostly a channel for old nick-owned tv shows, they wont play it on mtv or nick b/c most people in america dont even know about it and its not good enough. and they split seasons into 2 parts of 8 episodes each with a break in between w/ minis. since when is it 4 episodes. and it sucks in your opinion. in america, you get a year of degrassi. in canada, you get a couple months, and then have to wait until the next year… thats waaay longer.

2. You’re telling me stuff I already know. Of course I’m aware no one besides fans of the show knows what the heck Degrassi is, and it would fail on any other network. And I also know TeenNick is mostly old nick shows, but those shows obviously aren’t good enough to compete with the other teen-centric networks, since Degrassi is the network’s top show by an overwhelming majority.
        And yes, TeenNick sucking is my opinion…thanks for pointing that out. But I’m sure a many fans agree with it too, because the point isn’t about the breaks during the season…it’s about wanting to see the episodes NOW. People want to see happens next when they know there’s something coming up…it’s simple human curiousity.
        Since when is there a 4-episode season? There’s been several seasons (specifically during Seasons 3 and 4) where TeenNick aired 4 or 5 episodes then stopped, and that was considered a “season.” Heck this past February they just did a 4-episode “season.” Nowadays they air episodes in Fall, Spring and Summer, not this 2-part split you’re talking about. In the end, the total amount of time that both Canada and America spend taking breaks in a year ends up equaling out anyway, so it doesn’t even matter really. If Degrassi’s on that’s great…if not, I’ll go about life until it’s back, the end. But TeenNick still sucks as a network, primarily because of its lazy programming choices, and its inability to come up with with new ideas to attract viewers during the times Degrassi isn’t on. Airing hours and hours of Full House, That 70s Show and What I Like About You reruns isn’t the answer.

3. Clare's My Bff! December 5, 2009 at 9:23 pm

NOOO! I really wanna see what happens with the whole Clare/KC/Jenna triangle, and they should really bring back the whole Alli Johnny drama too!!! I don’t think I can wait until 2010! NOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

1. yes i want to find out too, but i guess we just have to wait. and i love what you said about a long, degrassi-less winter, ha

4. I CAN’T NOT BELIEVE IT. ALL THE WEBSITES HAVING BEEN SAYING THAT THERE ARE TWO NEW EPISODES OF DEGRASSI TOMMORROW. I GUESS I CAN WAIT THOUGH, BUT THAT IS SO MESSED UP.

5. I wish they would tell us WHEN in 2010! Because if it’s January, that’s not so bad. Hopefully CTV does that… I mean if they air 2 a week in January, they can easily get to the end of the season, or at least the end of the episodes before the new movie, before the Winter Olympics.

SO SAD! I NEED MY DEGRASSI FIX! :(

1. Yeah, I totally agree. I’ve been searching for an air date in 2010 and cant find it anywhere! So if anyone finds out before I do PLEASE let us know! Thanks = )

6. NO!!!! I need to see new drama for Riley now!!! It’s killing me! I’ve seen every youtube video and read every fanfic about him to get by but it’s not the same! I picked him as my all time favorite character on Degrassi! and right now he seems like the only character worth watching!!
    Plus I like the CTV way better cause I can’t wait for new eps to come out! Then when they’re out on TeenNick I can watch them again. but they do take really long breaks! So thanks for the internet so I can see them the canadian way!!! XD

7. ive been watching this show since the first season and teen nick stopped showing degrassi after idek awhile ago and like now i see the episodes teen nick is gonna show in 2010 and ive already seen them all lol thanks to the wonderful internet/\/\ but no seriously that sucks that canada is stopping them too till 2010 i mean ive been lookin forward to this episode for two weeks and all of a sudden i look on the guide and it says TBA im like WTF! ive been lookin for it and its not even out there it was supposed to come on earlier today in canada but yeahh it didn’t apparently so im very depressed :(
    i love degrassi :) ive even seen some of the episodes before the NEXT GENERATION from when spike (emmas mom) and snake(emmas step-dad)and joey and kaitlyn where in the junior high that was some crazyyy stuff
    but no i miss degrassi already :(

can’t wait for it to come back

8. yeah you definetly have a great site an have made a ton of good points. But teennick isn’t recieved by most Americans and has always played old shows. I watch it for those shows… And all the good shows in America are played on the real stations. Btw I think teennick is remarkable for the fact that so much work is spent into making a digital cable station
    good…… And better than any canadian channel
    out there. Wat do you want them to do… Produce shows for a digital cable station. Anyways, I’m on your mobile site and it’s really good. Also, my Twitter has not been loading… I was wondering if you had the same problem.

1. Thanks! As much as I love Twitter, it’s so inconsistent. I’m sure by the time you read this it will have worked/stopped working 10 times or something. And you’re right, teennick is better than any canadian channel ever could be. I think it’d be worth the risk to produce an original show or two…and if Degrassi were to stop receiving it’s funding from the Canadian gov’t, I could see teennick jumping in and shelling out the cash to keep it going for a couple of more seasons. It’d just kinda be nice that on their “Primetime” night (friday nights) that they’d have just a lineup of “hip new shows” of any sort to boast about…something like the old days (Degrassi, South of Nowhere, Boys v. Girls) or whatever.

1. yeah… Some shows have been produced for Disney xd which is digital cable.. It’s kinda lame that teennick only has one show that has new episodes! and teennick should put some money into degrassi…. It definetly wouldn’t hurt. Lastly, im one of the few american degrassi fans that has only seen up to “beat it.” ! I love seeing the premieres on tv…. Come to think of it, I really do wish teennick just played a new one every friday :)

9. and sorry for fighting… I was wrong about the teennick breaks… And they definetly are a bit too long for me

1. Oh it wasn’t fighting, it was debating :) haha

10. Im at a lost for words, this show means alot to me, it help me to escape everyday drama, and for some reason I always feel so good after watching the show, its strange and refreshing. Every episode leads me to want more and more, I love this show, and will be a little lost without, I have been waiting for the post to the episodes from ZShare, now I find today that there will be none, Im very disappointed, but look forward to when it airs again. I have Teen Nick, bur prefer to watch the zshare from ctv links instead. DEGRASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSI RULEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

11. And sorry One more thing, A special thanks goes to Rachel, because of you I never had to search long or hard to find a Degrassi Episode that I was looking for, she has posted the links each time requested, Thanks for that, You Rock!!!!!

12. I LOVE Degrassi buh i really want to see some drama between anya and Sav they seem to perfect of a couple, degrassi really needs some more drama. The older shows had so much drama, manny getting pregnant same with liberty, jt dying and so much other stuff.

13. I think that they should keep Sam the lifeguard as a permanent person so riley will hook up with him….. I miss degrassi alot and want it to be like 20 episodes instead of like 7!

14. they should really bring back Darcy for an episode for a two so peter and her can officially end the relationship or reconcile or something, they just pushed her off Earth. I kno she’s on 90210 (which i love! and upset that they wont show any new episodes till 2010 either) but can they just bring her back for visit of something. And i would love to see how she takes the whole Clare and KC thingy! a sister-sister boding time,SOMETHING!!!!!!

15. I really want to c more of declan because he is sssssoooooooooooo hot and i like to watch things about him. So i cant wait but i can.I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. ugh i hate it will they just show us something about declan and holl j also kc and jenna and uhh whatnher face Darcy’s lil’ sis Cathy or whateves

17. do you think or will they bring back the old characters of degrassi and
    have them working in the school or in the community earning a living.
    this would be a good way to combine the older viewers with the new viewers and the same for the actors which will hopefully give the
    show stronger ratings. what do you think about that?. you can e-mail me
    if you like.

1. the e-mail address for keith dixon is:
      keithdixon13@hotmail.com

2. i think they should bring back the old characters too! mabey even marco and riley could hook up it would be so cool i think the rates would be higher!and another charecter should die ,it would be sad if emma or manny would die speaking of manny i wonder how she is doing in hollywood whoever hasn’t watched degrassi at all is crazy because i have watched all the episodes so far i love degrassi its my whole life

18. i frickin love degrassi and i think they should make Johnny realize what he did and how stupid he was and apologize to Alli in a romantic way. The Alli should forgive him and make him prove to her that he’s in it for the long run and that he is truly sorry. Then they should get back together!! i miss Jalli..

19. the only person i like on degrassi is alli

20. Is degrassi going to start airing again in canada early march? (i live in the us but i follow canadas episodes cuz theyre ahead)

21. I found somewhere on the internet that Degrassi will start airing again early March, if anyone is interested lol. I CANT WAIT !!! i need to see what happens with all the drama. I hope Jenna gets what she deserves for stealing K.C

22. Okay, so it’s June now and what can I say…The last season episode has already played awhile ago…I’M DYING NOW!!!
    I’m just so mad about so many things! Okay, well not really ,but Jenna did not and I shall repeat DID NOT get what she deserves for stealing K.C.. Ugh, if I was Clare I would have started a cat fight or at least SOMETHING!
    Anyways, I think the last episode (for now) was actually pretty good. That is, if you love the whole lovey dovey fluffy stuff =P. Declan and Holly J are just so cute, so I think. Can you say “in love”?.
    Well, if you haven’t seen the episode yet, then YOU’RE CRAZY!!!
    Oh ya, btw I live in America and I love the show. Me and my guy friend are obsessed with DEGRASSI!!! BEST DRAMA SHOW EVER!!!

23. i love degrassi hAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT SEASON TEN BEING A SOPHOPRAH? I am so phsyced!